Here in this Post, I will educate you folks how to have a healthy respiratory system for any horse!
Just imagine a Thoroughbred Race Horse weighing over 1,000 pounds, standing over 16 hands tall (1 hand = 4 inches) running as fast as they possibly can down the stretch to win. Big, fast and powerful right!
In fact, an average mile run by a thoroughbred typically takes about a minute and thirty five seconds. However, they are able to do this for many reasons such as breeding, training, genes, ect…
Let’s get down to business, a thoroughbred’s body is over 60 percent muscle, just like mine lol. This requires an enormous amount of oxygen. Needless to say for any equine discipline like, Thoroughbred racing, Quarter horse racing, Hunter Jumper, Dressage, Harness racing, Barrel racing, and ect… Oxygen in the body is extremely important for any performance or competition.
In the Equine sports industry, horses exert so much speed and power during their workouts and other high performance competitions that their lungs can bleed inside!
According to EIPH: Everything You Need To Know About “Bleeding” In Horses: Exercise Induced Pulmonary Haemorrhage (EIPH) occurs from a few things. First, as a result of high pressures in the lungs across the pulmonary capillary walls and rupture. Second, from the constant training it causes shock waves to travel through the lung tissue which also cause the bleeding to occur. Finally, and most important is the feed protocol and feed our horses eat. Below, is a guide to control or improve any bleeding, mucus or allergies issues and have a healthy respiratory system.
As a result, formulated by the most brilliant minds in herbal technology to solve (EIPH) or bleeding, in racehorses here is what Winners Equine discovered… Low sugar/low glycemic index for Bleeders, Mucus or Allergies issues. Next, use a beet pulp based grain with no corn and low or no sugar/molasses. Finally, Cut out Alfalfa hay and feed a good straight Timothy hay. Please consult with your local feed dealer or contact me for feed suggestions or questions.
My father said, “These horses are very special to all involved. We try to provide them with the best of everything. Winners Equine Products certainly meets these high standards”. For over a year now, I’ve been helping hundreds of horses recover and win at the toughest competition level in the world, here is what we found.
DO NOT USE THESE THINGS ON BLEEDERS OR HORSES WITH RESPIRATORY ISSUES:
- Oats (Limit)
- Sugar and high sugar products
- Molasses (Limit)
- Corn and corn products
- Vegetable oil that contains corn
- Electrolytes or other supplements that have sugar/dextrose
- B-12. While B-12 is great for many horses, it is not good for horses that bleed or have respiratory issues.
Recommendations: *disregard sweet feed for sport horses (Dressage, Hunter/Jumper, etc.), 25% Sweet feed to 75% beet pulp based grain. Triple Crown Senior, Tribute Kalm Ultra or comparable beet grain. Supplements: Pure C (vitamin C) – as directed. L-Arginine – as directed. BCAA (labeled for equine use) – as directed. Fresh ground flax seed – For Maximum Benefit do not buy already ground – use a small coffee grinder to grind your own. 1oz – 2oz pure honey. 1oz – 2oz rice bran oil.
If using Lasix, continue with normal amounts in conjunction with all natural products such as X-Treme Force from Winners Equine Products.
Winners Equine Products, are a herbal medical grade equine supplement company that has products that are proven to control bleeding, mucus, allergies in horses. Also, other revolutionary products available for ulcers, joint – bone, nervousness and the first herbal replacement for lasix. They “Do not Test” Please visit our website for more information: Winnersequine.com
WHY ARE OUR PRODUCTS ABLE TO HELP SO MANY THINGS?
When the respiratory system is working at its full potential, the oxygen level in the blood is increased which affects the entire body in a positive way. Not only will it help your horse’s respiratory system but it will also help with inflammation, circulation, mucus control, hoof growth, stamina and many other benefits.
Winners Equine Products are scientifically designed to help your horse win! After testing, they found that it can help every horse…..NOT JUST BLEEDERS.
Extra benefits for your horse using X-Treme Air Daily include:
- Respiratory health
- Rejuvenates from the cellular level
- Combat allergy symptoms and reduces mucus while repairing lung tissue
- Increase overall respiratory health
- Increased circulation
- Anti-Inflammatory properties
- Improved focus, alertness and brain function
- Improved lung capacity
- Improves stamina – respiratory recovery
- Boost immune system to help the effects of shipping and environmental changes
- Maximize overall health
- Improved hoof growth
- Will stimulate appetite. Mix one scoop of daily herbs with a little water and honey and administer orally twice a day until the horse’s appetite improves. Then add to grain feedings as directed.
X-Treme Air Racing Protocol:
Step 1. X-Treme Air Daily herbs 2x daily.
Step 2. X-Treme Air 3 Day Pre-Event, as directed, starting 3 days before the event or breeze. Continue with daily herbs as well.
Step 3. X-Treme Boost Paste 4 – 6 hours before the event. For extra protection give one full tube the night before and one tube the morning of the event.
Step 4. Give lasix if still available before any breeze, extreme work 2min lick etc. In Conjunction with our products.
Here is a suggested list of Don’ts and Do’s for horses that bleed or have respiratory problems.
Step 5.) Don’ts…Cut out these things as much as possible.
- No B12 or creatine, Also no “niacin” products like in a blood builder product, try to avoid blood builder products. Feed a low sugar (including low molasses) and no corn or corn products in diet, beet pulp based grains preferred, no corn oil etc.
- For bleeders, Cut out Alfalfa, use a straight Timothy or Orchard.
- Avoid electrolytes that have sugar/dextrose, use a salt lick or our X-Treme Sweat and restore, because it is also the ultimate electrolyte with no sugar.
Step 6.) Do’s….Things that you can substitute with much better benefits without negative consequences.
- Give vitamin C and L-Arginine and BCAA daily as directed. Substitute honey in place of sugar/molasses. This will sweeten the food naturally. Use locally harvested honey when possible. This will help with allergies and honey is a natural antibiotic.
- If a horse has bled, give a full regiment of (as prescribed by vet) antibiotics and full regiment of anti fungal. We have found antifungal products with antibiotics after your horse shows signs of respiratory bleeding are very effective with our feed protocol and X-Treme Air products. Fulvicin and Ketoconazole are two common anti-fungal products used with success.
- Proper veterinary care.
These are just a few things that will help your horse be at their best. By making these changes your horse will feel better and perform better. See you in the Winner Circle!!!
We always suggest that you consult your veterinarian before use of any medications.